At NHL Stenden, we follow the APA guidelines for citing sources. APA is a format for the writing of documents. It gives guidelines for referencing, bibliographies, quoting and paraphrasing. You can find out about how to apply the APA style in the quick guide. This quick guide also gives examples of references to various types of publication.
In the spring of 2021, the seventh edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association was published. As of the academic year 2021/2022, this seventh edition will be applied in higher education. In this table you can find the most important 10 changes that will be included in the new edition.
Simultaneously with the introduction of the updated APA guidelines, Project APA7 was established, a partnership between nine information specialists from higher education.
The NHL Stenden Library has also written a quick guide (based on 3rd edition), where you can quickly find the most important rules.
The APA style is established by the American Psychological Association, the American professional society for university-trained psychologists. It is the most commonly used referencing style at colleges.
- Book with detailed description of the APA style (in English)
- Knowledge clips on YouTube
- Knowledge clips on Presentation2Go (after login NHL Stenden search for APA and set filter to 'none')
- Purdue University APA7 resources
- APA7 referencing style: Images, Tables, Figures by the University of Western Australia
Questions? Send an email to Library@nhlstenden.com